Yoga & Tantra Retreat in Nepal
Join renowned yoga teacher Ramesh, for a unique retreat where you will have the opportunity to learn about Tantra, practice Yoga asanas with an emphasis on Prana energy, singing bowls, Yantras (mandalas) and Yogic philosophy. The retreat is going to coincide with the Harvest full moon and will be on the banks of Begnas Lake.
You will also have the opportunity to go on short hikes, visit local villages and witness people tending their fields and bringing in the rice harvest.
13th September: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200km / 5hrs drive)
Starting early in the morning, drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara valley along the scenic Prithvi highway.
Upon arrival at Begnas Bazaar you will be received and transferred by canopied Shikara boat to the resort in time for a delicious lunch. From here on, Yogacharya Ramesh will start the retreat with discussions and an evening Yoga or Meditation session.
14th to 17th September: All day Retreat and workshop
Ramesh will plan and conduct a retreat for these four days. Each day you will focus on different activities and aspects of Tantra, Yoga and rural Nepali lifestyles. Activities will include:
- The 14th of September is a full-moon. The harvest moon has been worshipped the world over as a time of plenty and the chance to thank nature for the bounty of summer. Depending on weather, a full-moon sadhana might be possible.
- Introduction to Tantra
- Introduction to Yantras (Mandalas)
- Ramesh is a certified instructor in Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga and will combine these styles in his own dynamic style to provide two very special yoga sessions every day.
- Ramesh is an expert on singing bowls and will conduct a workshop to show how they work.
- A focus on Pranic breathing and Pranayama to stimulate the life-force within each of you.
- Ramesh is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Yoga, Tantra, Philosophy and a host of different topics while also being an avid traveler; all of this makes him a great conversationalist on topics ranging from ancient texts to modern schools of thought.
- Village walks to surrounding view-points and local villages. This will also be a great chance to see typical life in the Nepali middle-hills and to see people harvesting rice from their fields.
- The chance to visit the local organic coffee plantation and sample some freshly brewed coffee.
- The chance to meet ‘Gaines’, traditional wandering minstrels of the Nepalese hills. If possible we will try and organise a short concert for them do display their skills with the ‘Madal’, ‘Sarangi’ and their use of ‘Bhakas’.
Please note that due to the nature of the trip, there will be some flexibility within the program. This will be due to weather, opportunities that might present themselves, what the groups’ interests are and what Ramesh would like to do with the group.
18th September: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Last morning of the Yoga Retreat at Begnas Laker. After a final morning session followed by breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu retracing the same highway. (Possibility of flying back to Kathmandu, extra costs apply)
Prices are (based on a minimum of 6 participants):
- On Double/Twin share basis: Euro 648 nett per person
- Single room supplement: Euro 100 nett per person extra
This includes the following arrangements:
- Round trip transportation Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Five nights stay at Begnas Lake Resort in air-conditioned ’Superior’ category rooms – this includes freshly cooked Ayurveda Vegetarian meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) for the entire stay. Seasonal fruits and juices as well as herbal teas will be provided between meals
- All activities that are a part of the retreat as conducted by Ramesh
- Current Government taxes
- All other personal expenses not covered by the above packages such as; drinks, snacks, foodstuff, laundry and telephone bills charges etc. will be extra.
Please note the followings:
- For additional nights at Begnas Lake Resort (bed and breakfast, other meals not included):
On Double/Twin share basis: Euro 50 nett per person
Single room supplement: Euro 40 nett per person extra
(Pokhara/Kathmandu private surface transfer or flight will be extra)
For overnight stay at Summerhill House, Kathmandu (bed and breakfast, other meals not included):
On Double/Twin share basis: Euro 22 nett per person
Single room supplement: Euro 16 nett per person extra
In case clients wish to fly to or from Pokhara (one way) then there will be supplement of Euro 110 nett per person extra. (inclusive of one way airfare plus airport transfers in Kathmandu & Pokhara).
You will have access to a full-blown Ayurveda Spa with an assortment of treatments. You will be able to sign up for these at reception. You will need to pay extra for any treatments you sign up for.
Having started practicing yoga at seven years of age, Ramesh was introduced to a variety of yoga practices by his parents who continue to maintain the spiritual and cultural traditions of Nepal.
With plenty of experience overseas as well in Nepal, Ramesh has been teaching Hatha Yoga, Mantra, Pranayama and Nada yoga for the last decade. The incorporation of singing bowls, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yantra imagery and Mantra into a foundation of Hatha yoga practices ensure that Ramesh’s students enjoy an enriched yoga experience that unites both the physical and spiritual elements of these traditions.
Tantra (as well as Mantra and Yantra) denote esoteric traditions, rituals and methods that are an intrinsic part of Hinduism and Vajrayana Buddhism. They have been practiced in the region for millennia in a number of different ways; by Shamans in remote mountain villages to busy, bustling temple complexes like Pashupatinath. It is a powerful tool to open ourselves to the universe and our inner-selves.
About Begnas Lake Resort
Located on the southern banks of Begnas Lake, 12 Km East of Pokhara city, the resort is completely cut-off from the chaos prevalent in the rest of Nepal. The resort itself does not have any direct road access and the only way to get there is a 20 minute boat-ride from ‘Begnas Bazaar‘ or a 10 minute walk down a forested path from the closest village ‘Sundari Danda’. Truly peaceful and surrounded by nature.
For the past ten years, the resort has been reviving Ayurvedic practices of the region with a full complement of certified doctors, therapists and a kitchen that turns out delicious, nutritious Ayurvedic food. In addition, the resort grows most of their fresh produce in-house using organic methods and follows a policy of environmental responsibility.
Read more about The Begnas Lake Resort & Villas
Minze hat durch seine ätherischen Öle ein frisches Aroma und eine leicht kühlende Wirkung. Wie man diese Heilpflanze im Sommer zum Erfrischen verwendet und welche Bedeutung sie im Ayurveda hat, lesen Sie hier.
An den Füßen des Himalayas bietet das Begnas Lake Resort vom 13.-18. September 2019 ein ganz besonderes Retreat an: Yoga in Verbindung mit Tantra, Yantra und Mantra. Lesen Sie mehr zu diesem einzigartigen Programm!
Generell beraten wir unsere Kunden intensiv und umfassend am Telefon. Für Kunden mit dem Wunsch eines persönlichen Beratungsgespräches bieten wir nun diesen Service neben Starnberg auch in der Münchner Innenstadt an. Vereinbaren Sie einfach einen Termin!